Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ MANGO MANGO LASSI MILKSHAKE RECIPE
A lassi is a popular traditional Indian drink that is typically made from yogurt, spices, and sometimes fruit. Dr Oz made a healthy milkshake version which uses extra fruit and some coconut milk to get the same result! Lassis come in sweet and savory varieties, but the peach lassi has become popular worldwide. We recommend preparing this peach mango lassi milkshake with (Vanilla Vega One) plant-based protein. Use fresh mango if possible, but if it is out of season, most stores carry frozen mango. Your Vitamix or Blendtec will easily whip up a mango peach lassi, but you can make it with a “regular” blender as well.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 large nectarine or peach
- 1 mango, flesh removed from skin (discard skin)
- 2 heaping tablespoons (Vega) vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tablespoons ground flax-seed (optional)
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MANGOES
Mangoes were first discovered in India over 4,000 years ago, so it makes sense that the mango lassi was perfected there. Mangoes improve digestion with a generous amount of fiber. Mango and nectarine both have a considerate portion of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, which is immune-boosting. Mangoes also have vitamin A and E to protect against free radicals and strengthen bones. Mango is also a plant-based source of iron, which enriches the blood and promotes healthy cells. Mango is also packed with potassium, which prevents muscle cramping.