Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ MANGO PEACH LASSI MILKSHAKE RECIPE
A lassi is a popular traditional Indian drink that is typically made from yogurt, spices, and sometimes fruit.
Dr Oz made a healthy milkshake mango lassi version which uses extra fruit and some coconut milk to get the same result!
Lassis come in sweet and savory varieties, but the peach lassi has become popular worldwide.
We recommend preparing this peach mango lassi milkshake with a vanilla flavored plant-based protein powder.
Use fresh mango if possible, but if it is out of season, most stores carry frozen mango.
Your Vitamix or Blendtec can also grind whole flax seeds into flax meal to unlock all the amazing benefits of flax seeds.
Be sure to join our community for more healthy Dr. Oz drink recipes! And we’d love to know what you think so please, if you make this smoothie, share your rating with us below! Happy Blending!!
Dr. Oz Mango Peach Lassi
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 large nectarine or peach
- 1 mango flesh removed from skin (discard skin)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tablespoons ground flax-seed optional
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MANGOES
Mangoes were first discovered in India over 4,000 years ago, so it makes sense that the mango lassi was perfected there. Mangoes improve digestion with a generous amount of fiber. Mango and nectarine both have a considerate portion of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, which is immune-boosting. Mangoes also have vitamin A and E to protect against free radicals and strengthen bones. Mango is also a plant-based source of iron, which enriches the blood and promotes healthy cells. Mango is also packed with potassium, which prevents muscle cramping.
2 thoughts on “Dr. Oz Mango Lassi Milkshake”
What type of coconut milk do you use? Canned or the kind that’s by the regular milk? Looks delicious!
The kind by the regular milk is best, as canned is thick and high in fat – typically used for baking or soups, it’s very rich. 🙂 THANKS AND HAPPY BLENDING!