Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Get FREE eBooks/Downloads for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
DR. OZ CHOCOLATE COVERED BLUEBERRIES GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Dr. Oz is our hero with his tasty vegan chocolate covered blueberries green smoothie recipe!
This recipe is filled with blueberries, raw cacao, and spinach, making it the perfect breakfast smoothie packed full with nutrients but you’ll think it’s dessert time from the sweetness of the yummy tastes of cinnamon, and dash of sweetener.
This is also a high protein green smoothie recipe combining almond butter with plant based protein powder and includes your full daily recommended about of Vitamin A (which is great for skin, eyes and a healthy immune system).
Make sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more Dr. Oz Detox recipes! 🙂
Love this recipe? Let our community know by rating it in the comments! Happy Blending!
Dr. Oz Chocolate Covered Blueberries Green Smoothie
- 1/2 coconut milk and 1/2 coconut water as much as you need for your blender, OR replace coconut water with green tea
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder ideally chocolate flavor
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of Stevia as needed
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed optional
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAW CACAO
The much touted nutritional benefits or raw cacao range from reducing cataracts to improving heart function to alleviating stress.
The theobromine naturally found in raw cacao is a mild, non-addictive stimulant that some believe can treat depression.
Theobromine may cause the brain to produce more of a neurotransmitter called anandamide which would account for the euphoric sensation some feel when indulging in chocolate.
2 thoughts on “Dr. Oz Chocolate Covered Blueberries Green Smoothie Recipe”
Great recipe to try on hubby. He loved chocolate, after being diagnosed high sugar stopped all sweets cold turkey. Has a bowl of mixed frozen fruit daily. Thanks
Let us know what he thinks! 🙂