Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
PROTEIN PACKED TROPICAL SMOOTHIE RECIPE
You will think you’re far, far away on a tropical island while you sip this delicious High Protein Tropical smoothie! This quick and easy smoothie recipe not only delivers sweet tropical bliss, it also provides staying power and will help curb appetites from the protein packed tofu. You don’t have to be vegetarian to enjoy the benefits of tofu with this recipe! Juicy mango and pineapple are the perfect blend of tropical sweetness. Add silken tofu to your Blendtec or Vitamix blender with a few more ingredients, and you’re taste buds will be on their way to a tropical paradise! What better way to start your day than with a healthy tasty tropical treat like this Tofu Tropic smoothie? Try saying that 10 times quickly.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice OR 1 cup water and 1 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 cups diced frozen mango
- Place all the ingredients into the jar
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TOFU
A healthy alternative to meat, just 4oz. of tofu provides 9.2g of protein, 18.3% of the daily value for protein. Rich in soy protein, consuming tofu can lower total cholesterol levels. It also contains iron and copper, both needed for the transporting and releasing of oxygen throughout the body. Tofu also contains calcium, essential for bone health and can help prevent osteoporosis. Tofu also provides 14.4% of the daily value of omega 3 fatty acids, which provide numerous health benefits themselves such as cardiovascular health, improve the ratio of good to bad cholesterol, and reduces inflammation. Selenium is also found in tofu, which is necessary for the proper functioning of the antioxidant system, which reduces levels of damaging free radicals in the body.