Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CUCUMBER TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE
Pair this refreshing dressing with a salad or drizzle it over a falafel-stuffed pita pocket to add some zesty flavor! This vegan salad dressing will keep if covered in the fridge but we doubt it will last very long. You can use homemade tahini (toast sesames, blend with olive oil – 1 cup seeds to 1/4 cup oil) or just use pre-made tahini and add fresh herbs! A Blendtec or Vitamix will have no trouble making this smooth green salad dressing, but you can do it in a “regular” blender as well.
- 1 cucumber trimmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey preferably raw
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and secure the lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SAUCES button.
- For Vitamix: Select Variable, Speed 1. Turn machine on and increase speed to Variable 10 and then HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CUCUMBERS
Cucumber can aid in weight loss, stabilize blood pressure, and help digestion when ingested, but it can also do a lot when applied topically: revive eyes by reducing under-eye puffiness, refresh and heals diseased gums, and give some relief to burning sunburn. Silica, a mineral in cucumber, makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier from the inside-out, and eating cucumber will also soothe heartburn. Cucumber is also cancer-fighting, so don’t hesitate to generously drizzle this cucumber tahini salad dressing on veggies, falafel, salads, and more!