Try our FREE Juice Detox!
JULIE MORRIS’ ACAI AND BEET SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This acai and beet smoothie recipe is a highly cleansing and detoxing smoothie with a superfood kick!
This recipe by Julie Morris is from her enchantingly delicious book Superfood Smoothies.
I love how the citrus entwines with the flavor of roasted beets, blended perfectly smooth in a good power blender.
Acai adds flavor and a serious superfood boost, especially in powder form which is much less expensive than frozen acai packets.
I’ve tried many detoxing smoothies that includes beets and when it came to hit or miss, they usually missed…
This one, however is a sure to be a hit even with those picky eaters in the family!
Everyone can then benefit from the blood purification and enhanced circulation that comes from consuming beets.
Try this as a pre-workout smoothie, it will give you a quick boost of energy while you workout and these ingredients help your body’s natural detoxing systems go to town cleansing your body!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup roasted beets
- 2 oranges peeled & halved
- 3 tablespoons acai powder OR 1 frozen acai packet, unsweetened
- Sweetener to taste 1 to 2 dates, Stevia, raw honey
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ACAI AND BEETS
Beets have a long history, going way back to the Mediterranean coast, where they were consumed in plenty because of their numerous healthy benefits and are a good source of Vitamins A and C, as well as calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, and phosphorus.
The rich color of beets is very beneficial to the body, helps with cleaning the blood and increase liver functions. Betacyanin, which gives beets its color, helps fight cancer causing cells. To get the most nutrition out of beetroot, its best to eat it raw or try it in our creamy beet soup.
The acai berry is an inch-long reddish berry, that is known as a “superfood” because of its many health benefits, anti-aging properties, and weight loss claims.
It is also used in cosmetics and beauty products.
It comes from the acai palm tree (Euterpe oleracea), which is native to Central and South America. With all the health benefits from this berry, it’s no wonder why its so popular!
The Acai and Beet Super Smoothie recipe and image is excerpted with permission from Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes by Julie Morris. Published by Sterling.