Try our FREE Juice Detox!
JULIE MORRIS’ ACAI AND BEET SUPER SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This beet and acai smoothie recipe is a detoxing smoothie with a superfood kick! This recipe by Julie Morris is from her enchanting book Superfood Smoothies. We love how the citrus entwines with the flavor of roasted beets, blended perfectly smooth in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender. If you don’t have one not to fret, learn how you can still make this smoothie with a “regular” blender. We have tried many detoxing smoothies that includes beets and when it came to hit or miss, they usually missed. This one is a sure to be a hit! Everyone in the family can then benefit from the blood purification and enhanced circulation. Try this as a pre-workout smoothie, it will give you a quick boost of energy while your workout and these ingredients go to town cleansing your body!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup roasted beets
- 2 oranges, peeled & halved
- 3 tablespoons acai powder
- Sweetener to taste (1 to 2 dates, Stevia, raw honey)
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEETS AND ACAI
Beets have a long history, going way back to the Mediterranean coast, where they were consumed in plenty because of their numerous healthy benefits and are a good source of Vitamins A and C, as well as calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, and phosphorus. The rich color of beets is very beneficial to the body, helps with cleaning the blood and increase liver functions. Betacyanin, which gives beets its color, helps fight cancer causing cells. To get the most nutrition out of beetroot, its best to eat it raw or try it in our creamy beet soup.
The acai berry is an inch-long reddish berry, that is known as a “superfood” because of its many health benefits, anti-aging properties, and weight loss claims. It is also used in cosmetics and beauty products. It comes from the acai palm tree (Euterpe oleracea), which is native to Central and South America. With all the health benefits from this berry, it’s no wonder why its so popular!