Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
HIGH FIBER VEGA VANILLA CHAI SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Looking for a treat that is cleansing and packed with nutrient-rich superfoods? This Vega vanilla chai superfood smoothie is packed with protein and colon-cleansing fiber! With chia seeds and kale, a Vitamix or Blendtec will have no trouble whipping up this delicious smoothie, but you can do it with a “regular” blender as well, just be sure to use ground chia, flax or hemp seeds. This smoothie snack will help prevent bloating and digestive stress, so you’ll be refreshed while helping out your digestive system. For an additional tasty creamy protein boost in this vegan smoothie, swap out some of the water with your favorite milk substitute.
Be sure to join our community for more ways to incorporate superfoods in to your diet. If you try this recipe at home, be sure to share your rating with us in comments section. We love to get your input!
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chia hemp or flax seeds
- 1 scoop Vega One Vanilla Chai
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup kale
- 2 cups ice less if using frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk whole flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes optional
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Use the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with optional coconut flakes.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS AND FLAX SEEDS
Just two tablespoons of chia seeds are packed with 10 grams of fiber, and psyllium husk whole flakes have similar colon-cleansing benefits with 5 grams of fiber per serving. Swelling action of chia and psyllium husk in the body helps to cleanse and soothe the colon, and absorb toxins while lubricating and strengthening peristaltic action.
Flax seeds are a great source of omega-3s and prevent osteoporosis and cancer. Ground flax seeds provide fiber that can reduce cholesterol levels and help stabilize blood sugar levels in diabetics. High power blending maximizes flax seeds as they must be ground to be digested!