Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
HOMEMADE ORGANIC CARROT BABY FOOD RECIPE
Start your baby off on a healthy path with homemade organic carrot puree for her first foods. You want to give your baby the cleanest, healthiest food available especially as you’re introducing them to solids/new foods for the first time. However if organic is not possible, make sure to wash with a pesticide removal solution and definitely peel them before steaming. It couldn’t be easier, just throw carrots and water in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender and you have a fresh puree with great texture that your baby will love…make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. A healthy baby is a happy baby! 🙂 In place of water, formula/water mixture may be substituted, but use only freshly expressed breast milk if freezing. (Do not add formula in powder form). Click here for more tips on how to make homemade baby food in a high powered blender. If you like this, check out our other quick and easy baby food recipes. 🙂
Tip from Blender Moms: Use filtered water, not the left over water from steaming to use for thinning out the carrots if baby is under 8 months old as Nitrates may seep into the cooking water.
- 2 cups organic carrots steamed until soft (approx. 10 minutes)
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- Add ingredients to your jar.
- For Blendtec: Using TWISTER jar, use SPEED 4 for 15-20 seconds, turning lid counterclockwise during blending. Using FOURSIDE jar, use SPEED 4 for up to 15 seconds. If blade is spinning freely, stop machine, remove lid and with rubber spatula push ingredients toward blade, then continue blending on SPEED 4 until desired consistency is reached.
- For Vitamix: Turn machine on, and increase to speed 4 or 5. Remove lid plug and use tamper to push ingredients toward the blade. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which turns into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A aids your baby’s eyes. Carrots also promote a strong immune system and contain phytochemicals that may protect against heart disease and certain cancers, notes the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Carrots are also rich in fiber, which helps your infant have normal bowel movements. Carrots also contain some iron, calcium and vitamin C. (Source: healthyeating.sfgate.com)