Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
EGG FREE EGGNOG RECIPE
Egg free eggnog? Is that an oxymoron? Maybe… but either way, this is a delicious dairy free way to still enjoy many’s favorite holiday beverage whether you are vegan, allergic to eggs, or not! We used coconut and almond milk for our milk substitutes. The avocado adds a creamy texture as well as adds some healthy fats, so you will still be able to fit into that New Year’s Eve dress! ‘ Tis the season and try this easy egg free eggnog recipe in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender!
- 1 ripe avocado
- One 13 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg freshly grated, if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tiny pinch cloves less than 1/8th teaspoon
- 1/3 cup rum add more to taste
- Cinnamon sticks optional, for garnish
- Pour coconut milk into a container. Place coconut milk and avocado in the freezer for about 45 minutes. They shouldn’t be frozen but they should be really, really cold (a little iciness on the coconut milk is ok.)
- Slice avocado in half, remove the pit, peel it and place in blender.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn the machine and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for approx. 45 seconds.
- Sprinkle with a little extra nutmeg and garnish with a cinnamon stick if you like.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Make sure that the avocado is perfectly ripe but not overly ripe. And keep all your ingredients COLD. Don’t skip this part! if the ingredients are warm the texture and flavor will be off, even if you chill it afterward. Also, avocado doesn’t keep that well, so definitely make this as close to serving time as possible. For the best, freshest flavor, serve immediately. But you can also keep it tightly sealed and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS
Avocados, also called an alligator pear, are the fruit of the tree that belonging to the family Lauraceae including camphor, cinnamon and bay laurel. These fruits are believed to be originated in Mexico, where the name of “avocado” is derived from Aztech or Nahuatl word ‘ahuacatl‘, meaning ‘testicle‘ due to the fruit resemblance to a testicle.
Avocados are considered as one of the healthiest foods on the planet because they contain in excess of 25 essential nutrients, including vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, copper, iron, phosporus, magnesium, and potassium.