Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
MACA GINGER NICE CREAM RECIPE
When summer is in full swing there’s nothing better on a sunny afternoon than sitting outside chowing down on some banana nice cream! Nice cream is one of my favorite things to have; I always make sure I have a huge bag of frozen bananas on hand so I can whip this maca ginger nice cream recipe up anytime.
It’s just like having ice cream without all the extra fat, sugar and dairy. This one is sweet AND spicy! It combines bananas, ginger, honey, chocolate and maca powder for that boost of superfood power!
This is a vegan treat if you use vegan chocolate chips, otherwise top with the chocolate of your choice. Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency.
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger or a small nib of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp organic honey raw
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 Tbsp chocolate chips melted (optional!)
For larger blender jars such as Vitamix or Blendtec Wildside jar – works best if you double the recipe.
- Place all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: If using the Twister jar, run the ICE CREAM cycle and turn the lid with tines counterclockwise. Using the Fourside Jar* run the ICE CREAM cycle. If the blade spins freely stop the machine and use a spatula to push ingredients down into the blades and then run the ICE CREAM cycle again. Repeat if necessary until creamy and combined.
- For Vitamix*: Start on VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10/HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Freeze for 1 1/2 hours.
- Dish up, drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy your healthy “ice cream”.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MACA
Maca, a root that belongs to the radish family, is most commonly available in powder form. Grown in the mountains of Peru, it has been called “Peruvian ginseng.” Maca’s benefits have been long valued, and has recently been popularized as a supplement and food ingredient.
Maca is rich in vitamin B vitamins, C, and E. It provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids.
2. Sexual function
Maca is widely used to promote sexual function of both men and women. It serves as a boost to your libido and increases endurance. At the same time it balances your hormones and increases fertility.
3. Women’s health and mood
Maca relieves menstrual issues and menopause. It alleviates cramps, body pain, hot flashes, anxiety, mood swings, and depression. If you are pregnant or lactating you should avoid taking maca.
Many people take maca for skin issues, as for some people it helps to clear acne and blemishes. Another benefit for your skin is that is decreases sensitivity. In hot or cold weather, maca may help your skin withstand extreme temperatures.