Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
RED GRAPE HEART HEALTHY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Red grapes, preferably seeded, are the star of this easy heart healthy green smoothie recipe. They not only add a natural sweetness, red grapes in particular have resveratrol in the skin, which is why doctors recommend drinking one glass of wine per day for heart health. Get the same benefits without a possible hangover! ;) The seeds in the grapes also provide a natural nutritional benefit (no need to buy grape seed extract anymore!) Use a Blendtec or Vitamix blender to liquefy the skin & seeds and therefore easily absorb all the nutrients in the red grapes, spinach, banana, and optional chia seeds. This green smoothie recipe is a simple combination that works for kids and adults alike. Easy to make in the morning, it only contains 3 ingredients and gives you plenty of energy to get up and going!
- 2 cups red grapes, preferably seeded (organic)
- 4 cups baby spinach (organic)
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the Whole Juice button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then flip it to high. Blend for 60 seconds, use the tamper if needed
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
These days, grape seed extract has been used to treat a number of health issues having to do with free radical damange, such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. In some studies, mostly in animals, grape seed extract was shown to protect against Staphylococcus aureus, a bacterial infection.
Spinach is one of the best foods you can eat, Popeye used to eat it and show kids how strong and energetic he would get after eating a can of it. Spinach gives you energy, can help you lose weight, can clear up your skin, and is good for you heart.