Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our Clean Eating Challenge!
CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
This fresh and healthy chocolate cherry ice cream recipe is nice cream with a twist!
It’s perfectly satisfying to those who want a healthy dessert and those who have a sweet tooth!
What could be more delicious and decadent than the combination of chocolate & cherries into ice cream?
This easy and simple ice cream recipe will deliver a wonderful representation of the 3 tasty ingredients blended together that you won’t want to miss out on.
Make sure you use raw cacao (not the processed stuff) to get added health benefits such as antioxidant flavanoids.
Even better still, this ice cream recipe is raw and vegan – so if you’re trying to cut dairy out of your lifestyle, you can still enjoy a delicious chocolate ice cream recipe without the guilt and added sugars found in grocery store items.
To sweeten this ice cream recipe up – we recommend a pitted date (soak it for awhile in the milk substitute or water to soften), a few drops of liquid stevia, or raw honey.
Keep it natural!
If you have a Blendtec high powered blender, we highly recommend their TWISTER jar, otherwise check out our ICE CREAM TIPS.
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender ice cream recipes.
Please share your rating with us in comments section below if you try this recipe. We love to hear your thoughts.
Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 tablespoon cacao raw
- 1/2 cup cherries fresh, pitted (If using frozen cherries add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk substitute)
- Note: If using FRESH bananas add 3 cups ice.
- Sweetener such as a 1-2 pitted dates Stevia, or raw honey
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips pulse in at end
- Slice the bananas and put in a freezer proof container and freeze for minimum 2 hours.
- For Blendtec: Add ingredients to your jar . With the TWISTER JAR or FOURSIDE Jar – Use SPEED 4 for 5 to 10 seconds until well blended. If cavitation occurs (will not with Twister Jar), stop machine and use a spatula to press ingredients toward the blade. Then use SPEED 4 for until well combined (about 20 – 30 seconds). Careful not to over blend.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
- Taste. If you want to add sweetener add now. If you want add chocolate chips or cacao nibs now
- PULSE* 2-3 times.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
CHERRY HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
After years in the shadow of other fruit, cherries are emerging as a major super fruit.
A substantial and growing body of scientific research has linked cherries to anti-inflammatory benefits, reduced pain from gout and arthritis, and an extensive list of heart health benefits.
Recent studies even suggest that cherries can help reduce post-exercise muscle and joint pain.
Cherries also contain natural melatonin, which helps regulate the sleep cycle.
8 thoughts on “All-Time Favorite Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Recipe”
I love these ice cream recipes. I have the Blendtec 725. It’s new so I’m getting use to it. I want to make that Chocolate Cherry ice cream, but I’m allergic to bananas. Is there something I can substitute for the bananas? I would appreciate the help.
You can get really creative and try different substitutes for bananas. You can try freezing canned coconut milk into ice cube trays and using that instead of banana. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Happy Blending XOXO
Thanks for the tip to freeze canned coconut milk in ice cube tray to use a banana replacement. I am going to try this. I often see smoothie recipes that sound good, but have bananas in them. I just don’t like the taste of bananas in smoothies. I’m looking forward to trying the coconut milk tip.
You’re welcome Patti! Let me know how you like it! 🙂 Happy Blending <3. ~ Tarashaun
can’t wait for my Vitamix to be delivered next week!
i want to whip up this recipe FIRST!!
but, my mom is allergic [deathly!] to bananas – what
could i substitute to achieve the best results? tx!!
Yay so excited for your Vitamix delivery! That’s a good question. You MIGHT be able to replace it frozen full fat coconut milk (place in fridge overnight then turn upside down and add the creamy coconut milk to ice cube trays and save the liquid for smoothies). Here is also a list of Vitamix ice cream recipes – including several with no banana. 🙂 ENJOY!
This recipe is pretty yummy and his the spot when you want a rich chocolatey treat. The only thing is mine turned out completely different from the one pictured. Mine is one uniform chocolate colour.
Glad you liked it!! 🙂 Yes we pulsed in some chocolate and cherries at the end for a more “chunky” ice cream. If you want a harder ice cream texture, you can also leave out the ice, blend and freeze for a few hours, stirring once or twice – or put in an ice cream maker!