Try our Clean Eating Challenge!
CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
This fresh and healthy chocolate cherry ice cream recipe is nice cream with a twist!
It’s perfectly satisfying to those who want a healthy dessert and those who have a sweet tooth!
What could be more delicious and decadent than the combination of chocolate & cherries into ice cream?
This easy and simple ice cream recipe will deliver a wonderful representation of the 3 tasty ingredients blended together that you won’t want to miss out on.
Make sure you use raw cacao (not the processed stuff) to get added health benefits such as antioxidant flavanoids.
Even better still, this ice cream recipe is raw and vegan – so if you’re trying to cut dairy out of your lifestyle, you can still enjoy a delicious chocolate ice cream recipe without the guilt and added sugars found in grocery store items.
To sweeten this ice cream recipe up – we recommend a pitted date (soak it for awhile in the milk substitute or water to soften), a few drops of liquid stevia, or raw honey.
Keep it natural!
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender ice cream recipes.
Please share your rating with us in comments section below if you try this recipe. We love to hear your thoughts.
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 tablespoon cacao raw
- 1/2 cup cherries fresh, pitted (If using frozen cherries add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk substitute)
- Note: If using FRESH bananas add 3 cups ice.
- Sweetener such as a 1-2 pitted dates Stevia, or raw honey
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips pulse in at end
- Slice the bananas and put in a freezer proof container and freeze for minimum 2 hours.
- For Blendtec: Add ingredients to your jar . With the TWISTER JAR or FOURSIDE Jar – Use SPEED 4 for 5 to 10 seconds until well blended. If cavitation occurs (will not with Twister Jar), stop machine and use a spatula to press ingredients toward the blade. Then use SPEED 4 for until well combined (about 20 – 30 seconds). Careful not to over blend.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
- Taste. If you want to add sweetener add now. If you want add chocolate chips or cacao nibs now
- PULSE* 2-3 times.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
CHERRY HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
After years in the shadow of other fruit, cherries are emerging as a major super fruit.
A substantial and growing body of scientific research has linked cherries to anti-inflammatory benefits, reduced pain from gout and arthritis, and an extensive list of heart health benefits.
Recent studies even suggest that cherries can help reduce post-exercise muscle and joint pain.
Cherries also contain natural melatonin, which helps regulate the sleep cycle.