Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE 1 Day Juice Detox!
KABOCHA SQUASH CASHEW SOUP RECIPE
This well-bodied soup is a creamy, warming, comforting bowl of healthiness. Kabocha squash is a squat green or orange winter squash variety. You will usually find them at your farmers’ market, or in a good grocery store.
If you can’t find Kabocha, feel free to substitute another brand of winter squash, such as a Buttercup or a Hubbard squash.
Both are a delicious way to entice your taste buds with something new.
Soups are a great light lunch or dinner, especially when it’s cold out or if you’re planning a detox or cleanse – your body can easily digest this hearty, warm liquid.
Healthy cashews (not cream!) make this a creamy, complex tasting soup.
The simple ingredients can easily become a plant-based soup by swapping out organic butter for a vegan butter substitute and using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Enjoy straight out of your power blender, or you can use a “regular” blender and then heat it up on the stove.
Don’t forget to join our community more great soup recipes and let us know in the comments if you try it! And let us know how you like this one by rating it below.
Easy Thai Coconut Soup
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 1 leek cleaned and coarsely chopped, white part only
- 1 stalk celery cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow onion skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove elephant garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of roasted kabocha squash
- 1/2 cup of dry-roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
To roast Kabocha squash:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Line a lipped baking pan with aluminum foil. Remove the stem from the squash, cut in half, and remove the seeds. Rub the inside of the squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake it for one hour (or until softened). Take it out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, then scoop the flesh out with a large spoon and discard the skin.
For the Soup:
- Heat a stainless steel frying pan. Add to this 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the butter. Heat over medium-low until the butter melts and the mixture shimmers.
- Add to this the garlic, onion, celery, and leek, sautéing until the mixture begins to soften.
- Continue to sauté until the mixture has caramelized, about 15 minutes total.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme, cashews, roasted Kabocha squash, and sautéed onion and leek mixture to your blender jar.
- For Vitamix: Secure the lid on the container. Start the machine on Variable Speed 1, slowly increase to Speed 10/High, and blend for six minutes OR use the SOUP Setting.
- For BLENDTEC: Secure the lid and select the SOUP cycle three times.
- You should see steam escape from the lid.
- Salt and pepper to taste; if necessary, pulse in the seasonings.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SQUASH
Did you know that squash is a fruit!?
Yep, when you have to scoop out all of those seeds, that’s the true sign of a fruit. ALL gourds are fruits, including melon, pumpkin, and cucumber!
Nature has us covered in every season, as these ‘fruits’ are packed with phytonutrients and antioxidants to keep us well, including a generous dose of dietary fiber.
It also contains a significant amount of potassium, vitamin B6, and folate, all of which serve to keep your heart healthy.
2 thoughts on “Kabocha Squash Cashew Soup Recipe”
This recipe, for me, was just nice. I will probably add more seasoning to give it a little more pizazz.
Spices changes everything!! Thanks for sharing Rhonda 🙂