Try our FREE Juice Detox!
EASY HOMEMADE HEMP MILK RECIPE
This easy homemade hemp milk recipe is a very light non-dairy milk option that you will be able to use in many ways: for healthy smoothies, yummy oatmeal, a creamer for your coffee, or just drinking it straight!
Hemp milk has become my new favorite milk substitute not only because I absolutely LOVE the flavor (especially in my vegan matcha latte!) but because it’s super high in protein and Omega 3s.
This hemp milk recipe is incredibly fast to make and avoids the use of a cheesecloth or nut milk bag – making it even easier to whip up when you’re out of a milk substitute and need some for a recipe!
Use a high power blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix to make this creamy homemade hemp milk recipe. Be sure to join our community for more milk substitutes and healthy recipes from Blender Babes! Be sure to rate the recipe in the comments to let our community know what you think!
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 4 Brazil nuts
- 1 tsp each of vanilla powder, cinnamon, or mesquite
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional- for extra creaminess & calcium)
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH. Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Put in the refrigerator to chill.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
2. If you have trouble finding vanilla powder, you may substitute it with vanilla extract.
3. Add 5-7 drops of vanilla stevia if you want a sweeter flavor.
HEALTH BENEFITS HEMP SEEDS
The protein and fiber in hemp combine to slow digestion, which prevents spikes in blood sugar and therefore sustains your body’s energy.
A diet rich in hemp promotes digestive regularity.
When sprinkled on your cereal or fruit at breakfast, hemp protein and fiber also help aid in feeling full, which will prevent you from snacking and keep you satisfied longer.
The Omega-3 fatty acids in hemp reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, lower blood pressure, and may even ward off Alzheimer’s disease.
Hemp seeds are one of the few Omega-3 sources found in plants.