Try our FREE Juice Detox!
SIMPLE VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
Honestly, I dare you to find a vegan dark chocolate mousse simpler than this recipe. If you ever have to create a delicious dessert on the fly, look no further! No one would guess how easy this vegan, healthy mousse recipe is — it only has three ingredients: silken tofu, dark chocolate chips, and warm, unsweetened soy milk. If you don’t have soy milk, feel free to replace it with a milk of your choice. You can whip it up in under a minute with your high-powered Blendtec or Vitamix blender, or do it with a “regular” blender. This decadent treat can be served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or with some fresh fruit on top.
- One 12-ounce package of silken tofu
- 3/4 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup warm unsweetened soy milk or other milk substitute
- Raspberries blackberries or strawberries (optional)
- Put all ingredients in blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: BATTERS button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #4 or #5. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth and thick.
- Top with raspberries, blackberries or strawberries (optional). Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TOFU
Sneaking tofu into your diet is a good idea for a number of reasons. It’s super inexpensive: Asian markets and some big box stores often carry varieties of tofu starting at $1/package. In addition to being budget-friendly, tofu is high in protein, low in fat, and very low in saturated fat. It can help to lower cholesterol and prevent cancers, especially breast and prostate cancer.
As with all foods, soy is best eaten in moderation and as a whole food–such as tofu–since concentrations of soy contain high levels of estrogen. A perfect daily serving size of tofu is 4 ounces — a generous serving in this vegan dark chocolate mousse!