Try our FREE Juice Detox!
FLAT TUMMY ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SMOOTHIE/COCKTAIL RECIPE
Um, who doesn’t want a flat tummy?? Girl Get Strong caught our eye with this one, so we had to try it! Get that tummy flat for the bikini bod you’re working hard for with this delicious fruit smoothie recipe. Made with fresh fruits like papaya, peaches, and pears, you’ll be refreshed while helping out your digestive system. Make sure to use ripe papaya and peaches, otherwise you may need to add a teaspoon of raw honey to sweeten it up. This smoothie snack not only helps prevent bloating and digestive stress, it’s also a highly anti-inflammatory smoothie thanks to the papaya and ginger. It’s super light and refreshing so on the flip side, it’s also a perfect pool party drink. In fact, our Blender Babes recipe tester tried it this summer and added an ounce of vodka… hmm…. sounds like a tasty tropical cocktail to us?! Get blending, then pull out your hottest bikini or board shorts so you can show off that flat tummy you’ve worked so hard for!
Flat Tummy Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie/CocktailPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/2 cup filtered water or coconut water
- 3/4 cup papaya
- 3/4 cup sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup pear usually 1/2 pear
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 cup ice*
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PAPAYA
Papaya contains several protein-digesting enzymes that may help lower inflammation and improve healing from burns. Some research has fouind that these enzymes may also help reduce the severity of inflammation-related symptoms for people living with asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. One papaya provides more than twice the daily dose of Vitamin C. Papaya’s fiber is able to bind to cancer-causing toxins in the colon and keep them away from healthy colon cells. In addition, papayas are high in folate and beta-carotene, which are also associated with reduced risk of colon cancer.