Try our Free 1 Day Juice Detox
EGGLESS EGG SALAD
Many people grew up eating egg salad, and here is a great tasting egg salad recipe that is eggLESS!
It’s perfect for those allergic to eggs and vegans, but this recipe is a healthy, low cholesterol version that everyone can enjoy.
It’s great on a sandwich, over a green salad or served as an appetizer with crackers.
It can be easily made in high power blender that can also act as a food processor.
Eggless Egg Salad
- 1 cup vegan Mayo or Regular/Light Mayo
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 small red onion quartered
- 1 celery stalk quartered
- 1 clove garlic quartered
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- All all ingredients to your jar except the tofu, and secure the lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the PULSE button 8-10 times until veggies are chopped. Add tofu, secure lid and hold down PULSE until all ingredients are incorporated.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 3. Run for 5 seconds and stop machine, returning to speed 1. Add tofu, secure lid. Turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 5 and blend until incorporated.
- Poor into a container. Add raisins (optional) and gently mix in to combine.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
CELERY HEALTH BENEFITS
Celery was originally used only for medicinal purposes, mainly as a diuretic and to reduce blood pressure. It wasn’t until 1623 in France that its use as food was first recorded.
Celery contains phthalides, which can help reduce high blood pressure.
They do this by relaxing the muscles around arteries, which dilates the arteries and allows blood to flow more efficiently.
Phthalides also reduce the level of stress hormones, which cause blood vessels to relax.
Celery is a good source of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, all of which help reduce blood pressure by stimulating urine production and eliminating excess fluid from the body.