Try our latest Blender Giveaway!
EGGLESS EGG SALAD
Many people grew up eating egg salad, and here is a great tasting egg salad recipe that is eggLESS! It’s perfect for those allergic to eggs and vegans, but this recipe is a healthy, low cholesterol version that everyone can enjoy! It’s great on a sandwich, over a green salad or served as an appetizer with crackers, and can be easily made in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender, because it’s also a food processor!
- 1 cup vegan Mayo or Regular/Light Mayo
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 small red onion quartered
- 1 celery stalk quartered
- 1 clove garlic quartered
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and quartered
- All all ingredients to your jar except the tofu, and secure the lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the PULSE button 8-10 times until veggies are chopped. Add tofu, secure lid and hold down PULSE until all ingredients are incorporated.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 3. Run for 5 seconds and stop machine, returning to speed 1. Add tofu, secure lid. Turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 5 and blend until incorporated.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Chill for several hours to allow flavors to meld. For variation: try adding more vegetables such as red bell pepper, carrots &amp; scallions Nutrition info is for VEGAN mayo option.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CELERY
Celery was originally used only for medicinal purposes, mainly as a diuretic and to reduce blood pressure. It wasn’t until 1623 in France that its use as food was first recorded.
Celery contains phthalides, which can help reduce high blood pressure. They do this by relaxing the muscles around arteries, which dilates the arteries and allows blood to flow more efficiently. Phthalides also reduce the level of stress hormones, which cause blood vessels to relax. Celery is a good source of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, all of which help reduce blood pressure by stimulating urine production and eliminating excess fluid from the body.