Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
VEGA ONE PROTEIN LEMON MERINGUE PIE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This is an incredibly tasty vegan lemon meringue pie smoothie recipe.
It is made using the protein packed combination of tofu and plant-based Vega One Nutritional Supplement.
If you are not dairy sensitive, you can also use cottage cheese or greek yogurt instead of tofu.
A high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix is not necessary to make this nutritious smoothie – it can easily be made in a regular blender. 🙂
High protein, no processed sugar AND delicious?
This might just be your perfect quick and easy post workout smoothie that tastes like dessert.
You have full permission to make this as a meal replacement as well!
Vega One Protein Packed Lemon Meringue Pie SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3/4 cup 6oz unsweetened milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tofu
- 1 scoop VEGA One French Vanilla Protein or other vanilla protein
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 gluten-free ginger snap cookies or graham crackers for garnish
- Liquids first, add all ingredients to your jar.
- For Blendtec: Use the SMOOTHIE button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 second or Use the SMOOTHIE Setting.
- Garnish with crushed gluten-free ginger snap cookies or graham crackers and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
TOFU HEALTH BENEFITS
Tofu has been a health staple in the human diet for over 1000 years. It is full of Calcium,selenium, iron, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Fermented whole soy products, such as tofu, have been shown to decrease the risk of some cancers and the high calcium content may help protect against rheumatoid arthritis. Bananas are high in potassium and fiber, making them an ideal snack for replenishing electrolytes after a workout.
They also contain an easily convertable form of sugar, which means a quick source of energy to power your cells after a workout.