Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS’ RISE AND SHINE GREEN JUICE RECIPE
This green juice morning power boost is how Giada De Laurentiis starts her day! She is SUCH a busy woman, it’s no wonder she had to find a way to give herself nutrition that’s enough to get her going in the morning, and help get through grueling days of filming, touring, writing cookbooks and being a mommy & wife. We see why she recommends this green juice mix, and it’s one of our favorite whole juice recipes here at Blender Babes to make with your Blendtec or Vitamix blender, which is why we included it in our Free 21 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. We made it a whole juice and kept all the fiber. Of course if you don’t own a high powered blender, here are tips for making this green juice recipe with a regular blender! 🙂 Giada’s green juice is packed full of some of the most rich in vitamin/powerhouse veggies and fruits you can find, including spinach and carrots. It is sure to give you that needed boost in the morning, while protecting you from viruses and illness throughout the day. You’ll thank Giada De Laurentiis for your the energy boost this juice delivers!
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 apples halved and cored
- 2 carrots medium, scrubbed
- 2 celery sticks
- 1/2 of a large lemon's juice
- 1 to 2 inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP* button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1.5 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARROTS
Carrots contain an abundant amount of vitamins and minerals and are a tasty way to add extra nutrition to the diet. A study on cancer prevention showed that the beta-carotene in carrotshelp reduce cancer. While it lowered the rate of lung cancer and breast cancer, it’s most impressive results came from the reduction of the risk of colon cancer by an impressive 24 percent. Regular consumption of carrots could also improve your heart and reduce the risk of a coronary event. It’s not just a wives tale that carrots are good for the vision. Not only is a combination of carrots and olive oil simmered slowly helpful for dry eyes and night blindness, adding carrots to the diet also reduces the risk of age related muscular degeneration by as much as 40 percent.