Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
SAVORY RAW BASIL SOUP RECIPE
Simple to prepare, this is a delicious raw basil soup recipe by famed raw foodist Victoria Boutenko.
Great for an easy lunch or dinner, when paired with some fresh homemade sourdough, it just doesn’t get much better!
If you are trying raw, this is a delicious raw soup recipe easily made in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender.
It tastes best chilled, so make it ahead of time and serve as an appetizer.
We love this savory raw basil soup recipe…we think you will too!
Swimsuit by: Syrup Swimwear
- 1 cup water filtered
- 1 bunch basil fresh
- 2 to matoes large, ripe, quartered
- 1 bell pepper seeded, stemmed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 to 3 cup savoy cabbage 1 small head, chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup dulce leaves*
- 1/2 avocado pitted, peeled, cubed
- Place water, basil, tomatoes, pepper, and garlic into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button 1 time.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour into 4 bowls. Split remaining ingredients among the bowls.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
*If dulse not available, replace with a celery stalk and leaves
AVOCADO HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
They are often called butter pears or alligator pears, but avocados resemble pears in shape only. The buttery smooth texture and high fat content of this fruit are unique among fruits. This native of Central and South America has been cultivated since about 8,000 BC.
Some people avoid avocados because of their high fat content, but most of it is healthy, monounsaturated fat. Avocados have a positive effect on cholesterol, showing that persons that ate an avocado a day had an average 17% decline in total cholesterol. Also avocados are high in carotenoid lutein, which is important in maintaining healthy vision.
Cabbage is a leafy vegetable of Brassica family, round or oval in shape. It is widely used throughout the world, eaten cooked or raw as salad and is a very popular vegetable. Cabbage is a good detoxifier purifying blood and removing toxins. Other benefits include treatment of constipation, stomach ulcers, headache, excess weight, and skin disorders.