Try our FREE Juice Detox!
SMOKY CAULIFLOWER AND WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE
We sometimes forget that hummus isn’t the only delicious blender dip! This tasty hummus alternative is lighter and healthier than other bean dips or spreads. Roasting the cauliflower gives it a complex and intense flavor and makes the kitchen smell delicious! It can be as smooth and creamy as hummus if you’re using a high powered Blendtec or Vitamix blender, but you can do it with a “regular” blender as well. This is a big hit as a dip or spread just like hummus, but even healthier since you are in control of the ingredients.
Smoky Cauliflower and White Bean DipPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 heaping cups cauliflower chopped
- Coconut oil for roasting
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- One 15-ounce can white beans navy or cannellini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small clove garlic optional
- 2 to 3 teaspoons avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- Place cauliflower on a foil lined baking sheet and preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Give cauliflower a spray of coconut oil, and sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the smoked paprika.
- Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer cauliflower to Vitamix or Blendtec. Add beans, lemon, garlic, salt, and water.
- For Blendtec: Press the DIPS/BATTERS/SALSA button OR use manual speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle in your avocado oil and use PULSE button 6 times (For Vitamix models without a PULSE feature, turn to HIGH and turn on and off until combined 3-6 times)
- Serve with a sprinkling of paprika or chives and some of your favorite dippers: veggies, crackers, or bread!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CAULIFLOWER
A cup of raw cauliflower florets has more than 50% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, 15% of the RDA for folate, potassium, and vitamin B6. Vitamin C protects against inflammation that can lead to cancer. Cauliflower is also high in fiber and low in calories, making this dip the perfect solution if you’re trying to slim down!
Beans help repair the heart, lower high cholesterol, fight diabetes, prevent weight gain and cancer, so don’t forget to toss in extra beans when you can! Our testers found that adding the beans also made the dip especially creamy.