Get FREE eBooks/Downloads for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
DR. OZ ALMOND BUTTER AND JELLY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This is one of our FAVORITE smoothies with almond butter recipes!
You can even make your own almond butter first if you own a food processor or a high powered blender.
This nut butter and jelly smoothie tastes great and is FULL of nutrition between the healthy fats, carbs and protein, and will leave you satiated without feeling overly full.
Perfect as a breakfast smoothie, quick lunch or snack! Depending on whether you add the optional cherries or not (we LOVE cherry season!) this almond butter and jelly smoothie by Dr. Oz comes out a beautiful purple hue.
Fruity, creamy, and slightly salty, we’re sure that it will bring back nostalgia to anyone who loved a nut butter and jam sandwich growing up… and is just as easy to make as well!
One of our testers added some spinach when she made this again (because she loved it so much!) and it was undetectable, so this is a GREAT smoothie to sneak in a serving of green veggies for your little ones! 🙂
So blend this up today and then don’t forget to join our blending-loving tribe more great smoothies with almond butter recipes and updates from Blender Babes! If you try this let everyone know by rating it! HAPPY BLENDING!
Dr. Oz Almond Butter and Jelly SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1-1 1/2 cups almond milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter or other nut butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder ideally chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or cherries pitted (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxseed optional
- 1 Cup Ice none if using frozen fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“It smelled and tasted delicious- fruity and creamy and slightly salty (from the nut butter). I served some to my brother who is a huge PB&J fan. He loved the smoothie and drank it all right up!”
“I love almond butter and jelly, so it tasted like that which is a major thumbs up for me. One of my remakes I added a cup of spinach, didn’t even taste it in there.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALMOND BUTTER
Almond butter is rich with both protein and fiber, which helps keep you satiated and helps with digestion.
Almond butter is also high in omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin E and can help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and help control blood pressure.
For those looking to reduce their risk of diabetes, almond butter also helps maintain blood sugar.