Check out our Latest Blender Giveaway!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER RECIPE
Peanut butter has always been the popular sandwich spread, but recently almond butter has emerged as a heart-healthy alternative to use in your diet.
This homemade almond butter recipe, which is equally delicious, is more nutritious than most other types of sandwich spreads.
We like using salted & freshly roasted almonds for our homemade almond butter, and we especially love Blendtec’s Twister Jar for our nut butter because it cuts the blending time down to mere seconds!
Below you’ll find the health benefits associated with the consumption of almonds and almond butter.
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender recipes.
If you try this one at home, share your rating in comments.x
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups almonds raw or roasted & unsalted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt*
- 1 to 2 tablespoons peanut or walnut oil or coconut oil optional
- Optional Boosts
- Raw cacao
- Place almonds in jar. Add oil and optional salt. Secure lid.
- For Blendtec TWISTER JARS: Add almonds to Twister jar, and place lid with tines onto jar. Hold lid with one hand, and with other hand select Speed High. Turn lid counterclockwise during blending. Blend until smooth, about one minute.
- For Blendtec WILDSIDE/FOURSIDE Jar: Use Speed Low for 15 seconds, the increase to Speed High for remainder of cycle. If blade spins freely stop machine. Remove lid and using a spatula, move contents of jar towards the center. Add additional oil if necessary. Replace lid and continue blending on Med to Med-High until smooth, repeating until desired consistency.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH. Blend until smooth using the tamper to press ingredients into the blade. You will hear high-pitched chugging sound. Once butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change to a low, laboring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
- * salt is optional but recommended for taste, unless using salted almonds.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
ALMOND BUTTER HEALTH BENEFITS
The number one health benefit of almond butter is that it is good for the heart. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are the type of fats that reduce levels of cholesterol and decrease the risk of heart ailments.
Almond butter is also known for lowering blood pressure because it can decrease cholesterol levels.
When cholesterol accumulates in the blood vessels of the body, it makes it difficult for blood to flow more freely to different organs. When this happens, the heart will pump more strongly and this can result in high blood pressure.
Lowering the cholesterol will also lower blood pressure.
Apart from that, almond butter also contains minerals that are effective in reducing blood pressure.
These minerals are calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which work hand in hand to decrease the pressure and resistance in the blood vessels to maintain the proper level of blood pressure.