Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
DR FUHRMAN’S CHOCOLATE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Dr. Furhman makes a seriously yummy green smoothie – there are few forces of nature that can compete with chocolate and this smoothie doubles to fulfill the craving.
What better way than with the wonderful Dr. Furhman‘s chocolate green smoothie!
Dr. Fuhrman adds spinach to assure that you get a bigger powerhouse of nutrients, but any greens will work.
Chocolate smoothie recipes are a great way to mix fruit and chocolate into a swirling combination of chocolatey-goodness.
Make sure to use raw cacao, not the processed/sweetened stuff.
Dr. Fuhrman's Chocolate Green SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/4 cup your favorite milk substitute*
- 1/4 cup acai or pomegranate juice or more milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 cup blueberries
- Ice if using all fresh fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Nutrition analysis is based on using almond milk and acai juice.
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DARK CHOCOLATE AND SPINACH
Dark Chocolate increases blood flow to the brain as well as to the heart, so it can help improve cognitive function.
It also helps reduce risk of stroke.
Dark chocolate contains several chemical compounds that have a positive effect on your mood and cognitive health.
One is phenylethylamine (PEA), the same chemical your brain creates when you feel like you’re falling in love.
PEA encourages your brain to release endorphins, so eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier.
Spinach is a powerhouse of nutrition rich in many vitamins and nutrients.
Experts have identified at least thirteen different compounds in spinach that provide antioxidant and/or anti-cancer benefits.
Spinach rich in calcium and magnesium, helps prevent osteoporosis.
It is also an excellent source of iron, which is critical for women in menopause and for people who have anemia or chronic fatigue syndrome.
Spinach contains vitamin E, which helps slow mental decline and memory loss.