Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CHOCOLATE CHERRY BLAST SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Adults and kids will LOVE this simple chocolate cherry smoothie recipe by our favorite plant based protein powder company, VEGA. Not just protein, this is a complete powder – 1 serving of VEGA One Chocolate protein includes 15 grams of protein, 1.5 grams Omega-3s, 2.7 cups of antioxidants, 6g fiber, 1.8 cups greens, 1 billion probiotics and 50% of your daily recommended amount of Vitamins and Minerals. In addition to healthy benefits from the banana and cherries, you can be assured you or your little ones are receiving complete nutrition in a delicious and easy smoothie before starting out for the day!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 frozen cherries (pitted)
- 1 serving VEGA One Chocolate
- 1 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHERRIES
Adding cherries to your diet can decrease the pain associated with arthritis and gout. They also contain powerful antioxidants that help fight cancer. For the ones with the most flavonoids, choose the deep purple ones over the bright red ones. Cherries contain melatonin, so they may help you sleep. Have a few before bed, just make sure it’s not right after dinner since fruit should always be eaten on an empty stomach.