Try our FREE Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ SPICE IT UP HEALTHY RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This Dr. Oz Spice It Up healthy raspberry smoothie is another featured Dr. Oz smoothie recipe.
You will love the sweet tartness of raspberry and light chocolate flavor plus warming spices that come together to make this dairy-free, vegan breakfast smoothie.
From Dr. Oz’s clean detox plan breakfast shakes, this vegan smoothie recipe is great if you’re looking for a low sugar healthy smoothie recipe without bananas, try this one out!
You’ll find that this high fiber, low calorie breakfast smoothie is satisfying and delicious, and can easily be made into a post-workout smoothie with the addition of your favorite plant based protein powder!
A good high powered blender will pulverize those tiny berry seeds in this healthy raspberry smoothie, but if you have a regular blender and really HATE those seeds, you can always strain it through a nut milk bag.
Tell us what you think about this shake and share your rating with us in the comments below!
Dr. Oz Spice It Up Healthy Raspberry SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1.5 cups almond milk or fav milk substitute
- 1.5 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoons carob powder raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg*
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia OR 5-10 drops liquid stevia
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 soaked & pitted dates OR 1 tablespoon maple syrup OR non vegan raw honey (optional)
- Ice 1.5 cups if using fresh raspberries, 1/2 cup if using frozen
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button or use Manual Speed HIGH and blend for 50 seconds.**
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed #10/HIGH OR use the Smoothie Setting. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** For Blendtec: blend on high speed for longer times when berry seeds are present. Add more ice if necessary.
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“For a sweeter shake, use the optional sweetener addition – I like dates for the added fiber.”
“For a post-workout protein shake or more substantial breakfast, a vanilla protein powder was a nice addition.”
HEALTH BENEFITS STEVIA
Stevia plant is a small, sweet-leaf herb of South American origin used by the native Guarani tribes of Paraguay for centuries.
Recent scientific trials establish that this sweet-leaf herb has many health benefiting plant-derived compounds that help to control blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol, in addition to its use as a natural sweetener.
Together with the rise in demand for low-calorie food alternatives, stevia has drawn the attention of health conscious fitness lovers all over the planet.