Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Juice Detox!
CREAMY BEET SOUP RECIPE
This Creamy Beet Soup Recipe creates a vibrant color of soup, deep crimson-red as only beets can be…and the taste is pure beet. This easy soup recipe can be made in a high powered blender and since there is no cream at all in the soup, the bad fat count is light! You can eat it hot, but it would be equally good cold, which would make it a wonderful soup on a warm summer evening.
Be sure to join our community for more healthy soup recipes and much more! If you tried this recipe, let our community know by rating it in the comments!
Creamy Beet Soup
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 2 cups beets fresh, chopped
- 1 cup carrots fresh, chopped
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup dill fresh
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 stalk celery halved
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup water filtered
- Soak cashews in 2 cups filtered water for 3 hours and drain. Rinse.
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill and a slice of lemon.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEETS
If you are at all health-conscious, it is time to expand your palette! Not only are beets a great boost to your physical well being and a wonderful source of iron, it has been shown to be an immunity booster and guard against cancer, especially colon cancer. Beets have zero trans fat, zero saturated fat and are low in calories. Medical studies have also shown that including beets in your diet helps protect a body against heart disease. Even the leaves of raw beets have been eaten and useful and beneficial to one’s health. In Roman times, Hippocrates advocated the use of beet leaves as binding for healing wounds. They have even been known to counter “garlicy” breath!