Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
BEET YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU’D EAT YOUR GREENS SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Don’t throw out the beet greens!! Next time use them in this beet greens smoothie! 🙂
The star of this green smoothie is the highly nutritious beet greens.
If you’re ready to rotate your greens (which is important!) try something new and branch out from using spinach and romaine in your green smoothies.
Vitamin packed beet greens are the perfect substitute to try in a high powered blender such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
They are not as bitter as kale and dandelion, and their flavor is easily hidden by just about any sweet fruit added to a smoothie!
We even included this easy green smoothie recipe in one of our FREE Green Smoothie Challenges!
- 1 cup water filtered
- 2 bananas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup beet greens fresh
- 1 cup berries or fruit of your choice, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Ice less if using frozen fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEETS
Beets are loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C.
The greens have a higher content of iron compared to spinach.
They are also an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and sodium.
While the sweet beetroot has some of the minerals in its greens to a lesser degree, it is also a remarkable source of choline, folic acid, iodine, manganese, organic sodium, potassium, fiber and carbohydrates in the form of natural digestible sugars.
Its iron content, though not high, is of the highest and finest quality that makes excellent food that is blood building. This makes it highly effective in treating many ailments caused by our toxic environment and surroundings. (Source: HowToExpo)