Try our FREE Juice Detox!
DR. OZ DETOX BERRIES & GREENS SMOOTHIE
Get started with Dr. Oz’s 3 Day Detox Plan with his easy Berries & Greens Breakfast Smoothie. We love how in this smoothie recipe Dr. Oz combines high antioxidant berries, with a lightly flavored green (spinach!), non dairy coconut milk, and a tasty and satiating tablespoon of coconut oil. The plant based protein powder addition keeps this breakfast smoothie vegetarian/vegan while adding much needed protein to help keep you full until lunch, as well as essential building blocks for muscle repair if you are exercising/weight lifting. Of course, we recommend a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender to quickly and easily break down fruit & vegetable cell walls for maximum absorption in the body and for the smoothest of smoothies, however we also offer tips on making this green smoothie in a regular blender.
- 2 cups coconut milk or other non dairy milk/substitute
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- 1 to 2 cups of spinach
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons plant-based protein powder
- 2 cups ice less if using frozen fruit
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
Studies have show that intake of coconut oil can help our bodies mount resistance to both viruses and bacteria that can cause illness. Even more, it also can help to fight off yeast, fungus, and candida. Coconut oil can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood sugar control. People who take coconut oil also tend to have improvements in how they handle blood sugar, for coconut can help improve insulin use within the body. Coconut oil can boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins. (Source: Dr Oz)