Try our FREE Juice Detox!
SUMMER LOVE WATERMELON PRE-WORKOUT SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Fuel your fitness with this hydrating breakfast or pre-workout smoothie recipe. Our recipe testers tried this all different ways and it ALWAYS turned out delicious! You can try a tasty vegan version by substituting the yogurt listed in the recipe with a non-dairy yogurt or tofu (if using tofu, you may want to add a little natural sweetener!). You can also try the optional ingredients, easily masking the flavor of blue green algae (we use the best: E3Live) or try the new Blendfresh 12 Red Fruits & Vegetables for a boost of phytonutrients and a flavor kids LOVE! You can use a high-powered Vitamix or Blendtec blender to pulverize protein rich watermelon seeds, but easily blend this smoothie recipe with a “regular blender” too! 🙂
- 1/4 cup almond milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 2 cups watermelon (with protein packed seeds if available!)
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt OR sub non-dairy yogurt or tofu (vegan option)
- 2 teaspoons Vega vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 teaspoon BlendFresh 12 Red Fruits & Veggies (optional)
- 1 serving E3Live or Spirulina blue green algae (optional)
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, Speed 10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS ABOUT WATERMELON
Some foods are fun to eat, and watermelon is definitely one of them. The triangular wedge of bright red, white and green sweet juiciness reminds us not to take life too seriously and screams SUMMER! As if that weren’t enough, watermelon is packed full of nutrients, it’s great for hydration and it’s low-fat.While many of us think of watermelon as a go-to snack, you might consider making it a feature player in your diet after you tally up the many nutritional benefits it has to offer.
Watermelons are an excellent source of several vitamins: vitamin A, which is antioxidant that helps maintain eye health; vitamin C, which helps strengthen immunity, heal wounds, prevent cell damage, promote healthy teeth and gums; and vitamin B6, which helps brain function and is a key player in converting protein to energy.