Enter our LATEST BLENDER GIVEAWAY!
SAVE BIG! Get a Certified Reconditioned Blendtec OR Vitamix blender!
DR. OZ DETOX FAVORITE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Dr. Oz ‘s 3 Day Detox Plan includes his favorite green smoothie recipe (he calls it a shake, but really it’s a green smoothie). Again Dr. Oz combines high antioxidant berries (or you can substitute with tropical fruits such as mango or papaya), with a large amount of lightly flavored green (spinach!) and a non dairy milk. The e3live or spirulina, maca superfood, and plant based protein powder make this a pretty kick butt vegan green smoothie! As usual, we recommend a high powered blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec to quickly and easily break down fruit & vegetable cell walls for maximum absorption in the body and for the smoothest of smoothies, however we also offer tips on making this green smoothie in a regular blender.
- 1 cup almond milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or raspberries, blackberries, mangoes, papaya)
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon spirulina or e3live (optional)
- 2 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder
- 2 dates or a few drops of Stevia to taste
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF E3LIVE, SPIRULINA, AND MACA ROOT
E3live is considered by renowned health authorities to be nature’s most beneficial superfood. E3Live AFA is a non-GMO heirloom variety. Physiologically, E3Live® helps restore overall body/mind balance in numerous ways. Its field of action simultaneously includes the immune, endocrine, nervous, gastro-intestinal and cardio-vascular systems. Nutritionally, E3Live® provides more than 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids & essential fatty acids and is a rich source of chlorophyll.
Maca root has been used by indigenous societies (including the Incan’s!) as a source of nourishment and healing for thousands of years. Studies have identified four alkaloids present in maca known to nourish the endocrine system. Maca root has been used as a stress-fighting adaptogen to increase stamina, boost libido and combat fatigue!
Please note: Dr. Oz is not affiliated with or endorses e3live. His favorite detox recipe originally includes spirulina vs e3live. To learn more about the differences between e3live and spirulina click here.