Enter our LATEST BLENDER GIVEAWAY!
SAVE BIG! Get a Certified Reconditioned Blendtec OR Vitamix blender!
DR. OZ DETOX FAVORITE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Dr. Oz ‘s 3 Day Detox Plan includes his favorite green smoothie recipe (he calls it a shake, but really it’s a green smoothie). Again Dr. Oz combines high antioxidant berries (or you can substitute with tropical fruits such as mango or papaya), with a large amount of lightly flavored green (spinach!) and a non dairy milk. The e3live or spirulina, maca superfood, and plant based protein powder make this a pretty kick butt vegan green smoothie! As usual, we recommend a high powered blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec to quickly and easily break down fruit & vegetable cell walls for maximum absorption in the body and for the smoothest of smoothies, however we also offer tips on making this green smoothie in a regular blender.
- 1 cup almond milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries, blackberries, mangoes, papaya
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 tablespoon maca powder optional
- 1 tablespoon spirulina or e3live optional
- 2 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder
- 2 dates or a few drops of Stevia to taste
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in the jar in order listed
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE Button
- Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF E3LIVE, SPIRULINA, AND MACA ROOT
E3live is considered by renowned health authorities to be nature’s most beneficial superfood. E3Live AFA is a non-GMO heirloom variety. Physiologically, E3Live® helps restore overall body/mind balance in numerous ways. Its field of action simultaneously includes the immune, endocrine, nervous, gastro-intestinal and cardio-vascular systems. Nutritionally, E3Live® provides more than 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids & essential fatty acids and is a rich source of chlorophyll.
Maca root has been used by indigenous societies (including the Incan’s!) as a source of nourishment and healing for thousands of years. Studies have identified four alkaloids present in maca known to nourish the endocrine system. Maca root has been used as a stress-fighting adaptogen to increase stamina, boost libido and combat fatigue!
Please note: Dr. Oz is not affiliated with or endorses e3live. His favorite detox recipe originally includes spirulina vs e3live. To learn more about the differences between e3live and spirulina click here.