Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge
GOOD GREEN TEA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Green tea in this green smoothie recipe gives you the blast of antioxidants you need to feel great and help burn some calories! Green tea can possibly help with weight loss due to its thermogenic effect on the body! A great alternative to coffee used for centuries in the east, green tea is a wonderful way to get your body going in the morning, and the perfect ingredient in this green smoothie recipe, made easily in your high powered blender such as a Blendtec or Vitamix. For a regular blender, following these blending tips! We know you will LOVE this heart healthy green tea smoothie with grapes and just a touch more sweetness from the maple syrup (vegan) or raw honey, while the spinach and avocado give you a powerhouse of nutrition, satiating healthy fats, and a creamy texture.
Good Green Tea SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed green tea see Tip, cooled
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup vegan or raw honey
- 3 cups frozen white grapes if fresh, add 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
Green tea contains no calories, but is packed with health benefits! Due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity, it can reduce the risk of osteoporosis by suppressing the breakdown of bone and increase the bone building activity of cells. Green tea also contain catechins, which can promote oral health by preventing tooth loss and it can reduce certain types of cancers, such as prostate, pancreatic, breast, colorectal, esophageal, bladder, lung, and stomach.
Consuming this tea as also been associated with lower risk of heart disease and stroke. Although studies are still inconclusive regarding the effects consuming green tea has on weight loss, it is thought that the catechins found in the tea create thermogenesis, producing heat in the body related to burning calories.