Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
BANANA SPICE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
You might just think you’re drinking a dessert when you try this delicious Banana Spice Smoothie, but will be surprised to know that it’s actually a healthy meal or snack!
Made easily in a Blendtec or Vitamix commercial blender, you’ll get the nutrition from the banana and kefir along with a mouthwatering flavor of cinnamon and spice.
The bananas will give you fiber for the day and the super ingredient kefir is a drinkable yogurt that delivers protein, calcium AND probiotics.
Next time you’re looking for a little something different from your usual go-to green or fruit smoothie, try this one and tantalize your taste buds!
Banana Spice Smoothie
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups vanilla kefir
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANAS
Bananas are an excellent source of nutrition and have been considered to be one of nature’s perfect foods.
Banana contains potassium and fiber and is also high in Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B2.
Healthy blood pressure, as well as healthy heart functions, are derived from potassium.
Studies have shown that people who consume bananas and other foods high in potassium are less likely to develop atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.