Try our FREE Juice Detox!
OPPOSITES ATTRACT GREEN SMOOTHIE WITHOUT BANANA
Opposites really do attract in this healthy green smoothie without banana recipe.
This green smoothie nicely balances both sweet with spicy flavors.
Kale and spinach are a usual base for green smoothies, and the variety of other ingredients adds a nice depth to this smoothie.
If you’re looking for more green smoothies without bananas, the avocado and mango in this provides the same creaminess while the lemon brings in some beautiful tart undertones.
The mango and apple adds a bit of sweetness which offsets the spiciness from the ginger.
All together, this is a delicious break from your usual glowing green smoothie.
We recommend using frozen mangos if you like a thick texture.
Drinking this easy, healthy green smoothie will make you feel balanced and energized!
So start your morning right by blending this up in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender.
Remember to join our community for more healthy smoothie recipes like this one and updates from Blender Babes. Did you try this green smoothie recipe? Tell us what you think in the comments below and rate it!
- 1.5 cups coconut water
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup mango frozen
- 1 cup apple
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon flax seeds optional
- 1 cup ice none if using frozen fruit/veggies
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase to Speed 10/HIGH, using the tamper if needed. Blend until smooth, about 1 to 1.5 minutes.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
MANGO HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
The mango is a member of the drupe family.
A drupe is a type of plant food in which the outer fleshy part surrounds a shell with a seed inside (what we sometimes call a pit).
Olives, dates and coconuts are also types of drupes.
There are many different kinds of mangoes that range in color, shape, flavor and seed size but they all contain over 20 vitamins and minerals.
They have also been named the most widely consumed fruit in the world.
Some of the possible health benefits of consuming mango include a decreased risk of macular degeneration, a decreased risk of colon cancer, improvement in digestion and bone health and even benefits for the skin and hair.