Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
HEALTHY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE RECIPE
This healthier breakfast sausage recipe is a leaner substitution for the typical fatty sausage that doesn’t skimp on taste. You can easily make a delicious and leaner homemade breakfast sausage to accompany your healthy breakfast at home with a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender! Having breakfast sausage doesn’t have to ruin your healthy eating habits, as this fresh homemade sausage has no additives or preservatives, so you can still start your day off on the right track! Instead of using pork butt and shank, select a leaner cut of boneless meat of your choice, such as turkey, chicken breast or boneless pork chops.
- 1 pound pork lean, cubed, and divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon celtic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sage ground
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper ground
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- Add half the meat, the seasonings and the remaining meat to jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press PULSE 8-12 times until ground to desired consistency; do not over blend.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1 and use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blade until desired consistency is reached, careful not to over blend
- Form patties and cook in a pan on low immediately until cooked through (10-15 minutes) or store ground sausage in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SAGE
Research confirms what herbalists have long known: sage is an outstanding memory enhancer. Sage helps provide better brain function and has been used in the treatment of cerebrovascular disease for over a thousand years. Research has suggested that it may be an effective option to help treat Alzheimer`s disease.
The benefits of sage are effective for symptoms of menopause, night sweats and hot flashes. There`s also compelling evidence that sage may provide benefits for some people with diabetes by its ability to boost insulin`s action.