Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ACAI BOWL RECIPE
The acai bowl is showing up on menus and even entire restaurants are popping up all over the place. Acai is so good for you – what better way to enjoy it than in a healthy frozen treat made in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender that the whole family will enjoy!
This Brazilian superfood has become popular as a drink and base for a smoothie recipe, such as used in our Acai Cancer fighting smoothie. Blender Babes loves the organic Sambazon brand for the best quality and flavor. This acai bowl has a sorbet texture.
Blender Babes recommends adding 1/2 banana to this recipe which gives it a thicker and creamier texture, not to mention provides added nutrition!! Then use the other half as the topping.
Making an ACAI Bowl
- 2 cups 2 packets frozen acai (sweetened*)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or milk substitute of choice add more as needed
- Frozen Banana or other frozen fruit optional
- Shredded coconut
- Mini chocolate chips
- Fresh berries
- Bee pollen
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: With the Twister Jar - use the ICE CREAM button and twist the jar counterclockwise while running. With the Fourside Jar - use the ICE CREAM button. When blade spins freely, stop the machine and push ingredients towards the blade and repeat until combined, careful not to over blend. With Wildside Jar, will need to double the recipe.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Blend for 1 minute until smooth. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
The acai berry is an inch-long reddish berry, that is known as a “superfood” because of its many health benefits, anti-aging properties, and weight loss claims.
It is also used in cosmetics and beauty products. It comes from the acai palm tree (Euterpe oleracea), which is native to Central and South America.
Acai contains several substances called anthocyanins and flavonoids. Anthocyanins and flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that help defend the body against life’s stressors. They also play a role in the body’s cell protection system.
Free radicals are harmful byproducts produced by the body. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants may interfere with aging and the disease process by neutralizing free radicals. By lessening the destructive power of free radicals, antioxidants may help reduce the risk of some diseases, such as heart disease and cancer.