Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
WHOLE WHEAT CHIA SEED PANCAKES
Start your day off right with these healthy and wholesome whole wheat chia seed pancakes and you certainly won’t regret it.
Packed with fiber and lots of antioxidants, these tasty pancakes will satisfy your sweet tooth and make the whole family happy!
This recipe is an easy go-to for families or for brunch with friends.
You can easily double or half the recipe if you just want to enjoy some delicious and healthy pancakes for yourself in a Vitamix or Blendtec blender.
They’re chock full of awesome nutrients so you can rest easy knowing you started your morning the right way.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Syrup or other desired toppings
- Spray griddle or pan with cooking spray and heat to a medium heat.
- Add egg, milk, oil and honey to blender and use pulse for Blendtec & speed 1 for 5 seconds in your Vitamix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and chia seeds.
- Add flour mixture into egg mixture.
- For Blendtec: Use the PULSE setting 5 to 7 times to combine
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to speed 10/High. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto griddle and cook until edges of pancakes start to bubble and bottoms are light brown. Flip and cook until centers are completely done (about three to four minutes).
- Top with syrup, additional chia seeds or desired toppings (fresh fruit!) and enjoy.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Chia seeds are championed as a superfood and provide an abundance of healthy omega-3 fatty acids (even more then flax seeds).
They help bolster the immune system and will give you the energy boost you need to start your day. Along with supplying protein, fiber, B vitamins and antioxidants, whole wheat has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and improve bowel health.
Studies consistently show that women who regularly consume whole wheat flour tend to weigh less than those who consume the same amount of white flour.
The old fashioned oats in this pancake recipe will give you an added dose of soluble fiber and avenanthramides, an antioxidant compound unique to oats that helps prevent free radicals from damaging LDL cholesterol.
(Source: WH Foods)