Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
DELICIOUS NON-DAIRY YOGURT & BABY FOOD RECIPE
Blender Babes Delicious Non-Dairy Blueberry Yogurt and Baby Food Recipe is the perfect alternative for those who cannot tolerate dairy!
High in fiber to keep things regular, this is also a perfect addition to include in your baby food recipe collection. Creamy from the avocado and sweet from the blueberries, adults and kids alike will love this on the go yogurt snack.
Just throw the ingredients in your high powered blender and you have fresh and healthy yogurt, minus the dairy! Yummy 🙂
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup blueberries or any other berries
- 2 tablespoons water add more for desired consistency and "regular" blenders
- Place all ingredients into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Using TWISTER jar, use SPEED 4 for 15-20 seconds, turning lid counterclockwise during blending. Using FOURSIDE jar, use SPEED 4 for up to 15 seconds. If blade is spinning freely, stop machine, remove lid and with rubber spatula push ingredients toward blade, then continue blending on SPEED 4 until desired consistency is reached.
- For Vitamix: Turn machine on, and increase to speed 4 or 5. Remove lid plug and use tamper to push ingredients toward the blade. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS AND BLUEBERRIES
Avocados have 35% more potassium than a banana and contain more natural fiber than any other fruit, which aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar.
Avocados also contain heart-healthy oleic acid which improves your cardiovascular system, add Vitamin B6 and folic acid which help prevent heart disease.
Another great health benefit of avocados is that they contain the master antioxidant “Glutathione” which boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
North America is the world’s leading blueberry producer, accounting for nearly 90% of world production. Blueberries have high amounts of very beneficial antioxidants, which studies show may help improve memory and slow down cognitive problems associated with aging.