Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
COCONUT MANGO AND LIME KALE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This is a great way to get some extra kale in your diet! Of course, if you prefer other greens (or just have them lying around), feel free to exchange the kale for what you’ve got.
If you’re out of coconut milk (or just prefer a different milk substitute), that could certainly be switched up as well.
The mango, lime, banana and kale combine in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender to make a sweet and tangy green smoothie that even kids will love!
- 8 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 1 mango peeled and pitted
- 1/2 lime peeled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup pineapple
- 3 cups kale
- 3 to 5 drops of Stevia or other sweetener
- 1 cup ice if using fresh banana
- Place all of your ingredients into your blender jar in the order listed.
- For Vitamix: Start on Speed/Variable 1 and ramp up to Speed 10, blending for 45 seconds on HIGH.
- For Blendtec: Run the SMOOTHIE cycle.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
- This will make four 8 ounce servings, 2 16 ounces servings, or one big 32 ounce serving that would be great as a meal replacement.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
*You may want to reduce this to only 1/4 of a lime if it's too strong of a flavor for you. Try making the green smoothie, then adding lime to taste.
Nutritional analysis is based on using the unsweetened coconut milk , a medium sized mango and 1/2 of a lime.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT KALE
New research suggests that kale providescomprehensive detoxification support for your body if you’re trying to detox.
Glucosinolates abundant in kale make isothiocyanates that play a huge role in reducing free radicals in the body and fighting at least five different kinds of cancer.
Beyond that, isothiocyanates regulate detox on a genetic and cellular level.
If you’re trying to cleanse or detoxify your body, this smoothie will be a great addition to your diet!