Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
BOBBI BROWN’S CHOCOLATE COCONUT KALE SHAKE RECIPE
This is guiltless chocolate awesomeness if we’ve ever tasted it, all wrapped up into a chocolate coconut kale shake!
Adapted from a favorite by makeup artist Bobbi Brown, this fabulous smoothie is a thick, rich, decadent chocolate milkshake that also happens to be packed with nutrition.
This chocolate coconut kale shake is technically a green smoothie, so add it to the daily lineup!
A Blendtec or Vitamix blender will make that kale into chocolate creamy goodness in under a minute, completely liquifying all of that nutritional goodness into a yummy beverage!
You can make this green smoothie in a “regular” blender as well.
Join our Blender Babes community for more healthy smoothie reicpes you’ll love!! If you try this, let everyone know by rating it in the comments. 🙂
Bobbi Brown's Chocolate Coconut Kale Shake
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 scoop chocolate plant-based protein powder* such as Vega One
- 1 date pitted and soaked
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place the ingredients into your blender jar in the order listed.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on Speed/Variable 1 and ramp up to Variable Speed 10/High for ~1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and indulge in this chocolatey goodness immediately! Garnish with coconut flakes, chocolate shavings, or some chopped cherries, if desired.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHERRIES
Cherries are a surprisingly healthy addition to your diet — so long as they aren’t of the maraschino variety!
Cherries battle belly fat, due to the anti-inflammatory effects that also lower blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
If you struggle with arthritis or gout, cherries can alleviate symptoms in as little as two days!
Cherries can also reduce stoke risk and help you get better sleep, too!
Cherry juice can alleviate agitated sleep symptoms from unbalanced hormones, excess stress, and even unhealthier habits when consumed about an hour before bed, so drink up!
Raw cacao is packed with antioxidants and also should be enjoyed guiltlessly!
5 thoughts on “Bobbi Brown’s Chocolate Coconut Kale Shake”
Would like to know Bobbi’s favorite brand of protein.
This is so yummy, might be my favorite so far. I love that chocolate is healthy and this tastes so rich with the cherries!
Thanks for sharing Amy! This is one of our favorites too, so much that we added it to our Free Green Smoothie Challenge! HAPPY BLENDING!
This one is amazing!!!!!! I used almond milk because that’s my fave milk sub. I will make this next time I have a chocolate craving! Thank you for another great recipe to help me maintain my healthy life style!