Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ZINFANDEL CHERRY SORBET RECIPE
This zinfandel cherry sorbet recipe is another tried and true recipe for sorbet from one of our valued recipe testers, Deb Meier!
Tart dark cherries with red zinfandel wine — what results is an incredibly intense sorbet experience.
To use up those delicious cherries during cherry season, you can use any red wine or red wine blend to make this refreshing, not-too-sweet, not-too-tart sorbet recipe.
Your Blendtec or Vitamix will have no problem whipping frozen cherries into a smooth sorbet, but you could try it with a “regular” blender too – just experiment (just don’t blame us if it breaks!) One of our recipe testers swirled in a teaspoon of cacao for a yummy chocolate swirl.
Tell us what you think about this recipe in the comments below and rate it! For more healthy, dairy-free recipes for sorbet, subscribe to our newsletter!
Zinfandel Cherry Sorbet Recipe
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup zinfandel or other dark red wine
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 lime
- 3 cups of sweet cherries pitted and frozen
- Six hours or more ahead of time, combine the zinfandel, coconut sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Keeping the burner on very low heat, reduce this mixture down until it is ¾ to 1/2 cup of liquid. (This takes about one hour, but for this recipe for sorbet, is worth the wait!). Set aside to cool, and then refrigerate until cold.
- Place the chilled wine and sugar reduction along with the 3 cups of frozen cherries and the juice of one lime.
- For Vitamix: Start machine on Variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Variable Speed 2 for five seconds, Variable 3 for 5 seconds, then slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High for about one minute. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM cycle OR blend on a LOW Speed for 15 seconds, then blend on a MEDIUM to MEDIUM-HIGH Speed for about 30 seconds.
- Serve up immediately, freezing the leftovers…if there ARE any leftovers!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHERRIES
Cherries are a great sweet fruit that has a low glycemic index!
For diabetics and the sugar-sensitive, this sweet fruit will be a better choice of snack due to their ability to regulate blood sugar.
Cherries also help you to sleep better at night, decrease your belly fat, and ward off Alzheimer’s.
Cherries are also heart healthy!
1 thought on “Cherry Zinfandel Sorbet”
Hi Kathy! We believe the recipe is correct but we are double checking with Deb, our recipe tester who created it and will let you know asap! THANKS!