Try our FREE Juice Detox!
ORANGE WHEATGRASS SMOOTHIE RECIPE
High in vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, and manganese, this orange wheatgrass smoothie recipe is a creamy, sweet, and refreshing introduction to wheatgrass!
You will love the way it feels when wheatgrass is coursing through your veins!
Though it doesn’t have any pineapple, the flavor is reminiscent of a pina colada when made with coconut milk.
Warning: you will crave this wheatgrass smoothie for days!
If you find that’s the case, be sure to freeze part of this large serving for later in the week.
We always get asked if a Vitamix or Blendtec can blend wheatgrass.
The answer is YES!
They will easily pulverize and break down the cell walls of fresh wheatgrass in your green smoothies without a problem!
However if you don’t have a high power blender, not to worry!
Orange Wheatgrass Smoothie RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/4 cup water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup milk sub
- 1/4 cup fresh wheatgrass* OR 1/4 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 1 orange or 2 tangerines
- 1/2 banana frozen
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE setting and blend OR blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WHEATGRASS
Where should we begin? Wheatgrass is intensely good for you in so many ways since it has antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
The juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder.
The nutrients in wheatgrass may also help the body remove stored toxins. For example, the chlorophyll aids in detoxing the body and helps support healthy liver function.
So what more reason do you need to try this wheatgrass smoothie recipe? Our recipe testers loved it! 🙂