Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
SILKY ALMOND COCONUT MILK RECIPE
This delicious smooth, silky almond coconut milk recipe is nutty and slightly sweet, with the perfect creamy consistency.
By looks alone, it can easily pass for dairy milk and you will think the taste is even better!
Almond coconut milk is wonderful way to add heart healthy monounsaturated fats to your diet.
Plus it’s easy to make and versatile – being a quick alternative to store-bought non-dairy milks.
Almond milk is delicious alone, but the addition of coconut in this recipe is way more exciting!
Just make sure you have a nut milk bag or double layer cheesecloth to strain the almond pulp out.
Be sure to join our community for more nutritious non-dairy milk recipes from Blender Babes! What do you think about this silky almond coconut milk recipe? Let our community know in the comments and be sure to rate it! 🙂
Almond Coconut MilkPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- Soak almonds overnight in ½ cup filtered water. Rinse almonds.
- Add 1.5 cup hot (not boiling) water and 1/2 c unsweetened dry & shredded coconut to blender jar and let sit for 15 minutes or until cool.
- Add soaked almonds plus 1.5 cups filtered water and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button OR Blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50 seconds. Wait about 10 seconds and run through the same cycle 1 more time.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH for about 1.5 minutes.
- Strain using a nut milk bag.
- You can add a touch of vanilla and stevia or other flavor options if you like, but go easy because it tastes great without them!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“I froze some of the recipe in an ice cube tray to make into soft serve or smoothies. I recommend this idea!”
“It would be awesome to use as a creamer for your coffee or hot chocolate. Perfect for smoothies. Great on its own even. I LOVE this one! I will never buy store-bought almond milk again. So easy. I will probably double this recipe here on out.”
ALMOND HEALTH BENEFITS
Natural, unsalted almonds are a tasty and nutritious snack with plenty of health benefits. Loaded with minerals, they are also among the healthiest of tree nuts. Just a handful of nutrient-rich almonds a day helps promote heart health and prevent weight gain, and it may even help to fight against diseases like diabetes and Alzheimer’s.
Almonds, a significant source of protein and fiber, are also naturally low in sugar. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
According to the FDA, eating 1.5 ounces a day almonds, may reduce your risk of heart disease. Many of the nutrients in almonds help contribute to increased heart health. For one, almonds are rich in magnesium, which is critical in preventing heart attacks and hypertension.
Nuts, like almonds, are also beneficial for maintaining healthy weight. The fiber, protein and fat content of almonds means it only takes a handful to keep you feeling full and satisfied so you don’t have an urge to overeat.