Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
RAW CAULIFLOWER CREAM SOUP RECIPE
This warming cauliflower cream soup recipe uses the texture of cooked onions and cauliflower to make a raw, dairy-free creamy soup from puréed vegetables. This soup is a lovely start to a heavier meal, or serve it with crusty bread for a light dinner and can be easily made in a high powered blender.
Cauliflower Cream Soup
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups water filtered
- 1 1/2 cups cashews raw
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt or 1 tablespoon chick pea miso
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup white onions chopped
- Soak the cashews in 2 cups water for 4 hours and drain.
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CAULIFLOWER
“Cabbage flower” – that’s the translation of the Latin terms caulis (cabbage) and Floris (flower) from which “cauliflower” was born. The oldest record of cauliflower comes from the sixth century BC, and it was noted by European writers in the sixteenth century.
Cauliflower is a very good source of vitamin C and manganese, which are both powerful antioxidants helping to reduce your risk for diseases caused by oxidative stress, such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Regular cauliflower consumption can also help decrease the risk of inflammation-mediated diseases such as arthritis, obesity, diabetes mellitus, inflammatory bowel disease, and ulcerative colitis.