Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Juice Detox!
BETTER THAN V8 JUICE VEGETABLE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
High in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, this vegetable smoothie is like a V8 juice but lighter; not as salty or thick.
More of a whole food juice that’s refreshing and mild with primary flavors coming from the scallion, salt, and lemon juice – it is a good introduction to an (almost) all vegetable smoothie.
Tomatoes are packed with the phytochemical lycopene for UV defense.
Recent research showed that taking lypcene (in the form of tomato paste) decreased sunburn reaction by 50 percent compared with a group that took a synthetic lypocene supplement.
We think everyone deserves a power packed pick me up & beauty boost.
This vegetable juice is full of cell supportive H2O and nutrients that give you a gorgeous glow!
Use these tips if making this vegetable smoothie in a “regular” blender.
Otherwise quickly whip this up in a high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
Better than V8 Juice Vegetable Smoothie
- 2 cups of water
- 4-6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 carrot
- ½ cucumber peeled if not organic
- 8 cherry tomatoes stemmed
- 1 scallion
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cherry tomato for garnish
- 1 whole scallion for garnish
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE setting OR blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (45 seconds). When starting to blend, the tamper may be needed to get the lettuce and scallion into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
2. Add a dash of Kosher salt to bring out the flavor of the different veggies.
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“I also added 1 small juice of a lime to give it some acid and a drop of ACV just to give is some attitude.”
“Really enjoyed this better than a V8.”
“I think served over ice and that some garlic would be a good addition, like 1/4 tsp garlic powder.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARROTS
Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content.
This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents.
Furthermore, carrots are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
The health benefits of carrots include reduced cholesterol, prevention from heart attacks, warding off of certain cancers, improving vision, and reducing the signs of premature aging.
Furthermore, carrots have the ability to increase the health of your skin, boost the immune system, improve digestion, increase cardiovascular health, detoxify the body, and boost oral health in a variety of ways.
They also provide a well-rounded influx of vitamins and minerals.