Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
RAW VEGAN RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
You can have a decadent dessert and still keep it healthy with this Raw Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake recipe. This tasty treat is just as rich and creamy as any cheesecake, but won’t set you back in high calories and fat! This easy, no bake recipe can be made with your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender…and yes, even the crust too! On top of being a no bake dessert, this yummy cheesecake recipe is free of grain and processed sugar! This recipe was just as smooth and creamy as a traditional cheesecake. The crust was extremely decadent and the berries gave it a nice, tangy contrast. I shared the finished product with my family and they all raved over it. The portions were perfect because you don’t need to eat very much but still enjoy a rich dessert, and you could even turn it into 12 smaller servings! Made with fresh raspberries and sweetened with dates and honey, this healthy raw and vegan recipe is sure to be a hit.
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 large Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 cups of raw cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup of the filling
- Soak dates in water for about 30 minutes, then chop.
- Combine almonds and coconut flakes in blender.
- For Blendtec: Press “Pulse” 4-6 times
- For Vitamix: Start on variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Speed 2 for 10-15 seconds.
- Add dates, vanilla extract, water and salt and follow instructions above and blend until well combined
- Divide the dough between 6 dessert glasses and press to the bottom of the glass
- Add cashews, water, lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract and coconut oil in a blender until you have a smooth texture. Make sure the texture is not gritty!
- For Blendtec: Use Speed 5.
- For Vitamix: Start on variable Speed 1, turn machine on and increase to Speed 6 and blend until well combined (about 40 seconds)
- Set aside 1 cup of the filling and divide the rest between your dessert glasses with the crust
- Place glasses in freezer while making the topping
- Combine the filling that you have set aside with raspberries, lemon juice and water in a blender (will look pink -the photo excludes filling).
- For both blenders Use SPEED 5 blend until creamy and smooth (about 15 seconds)
- Divide the raspberry filling between your dessert glasses and place glasses back in the freezer for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator for another 1-2 hour before serving (make sure the middle is cold but not frozen or else leave in the refrigerator until defrosted).
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF RASPBERRIES
Raspberries have the potential to improve management of obesity. Although this research is in its early stages, scientists now know that metabolism in our fat cells can be increased by phytonutrients found in raspberries, especially rheosmin (also called raspberry ketone). By increasing enzyme activity, oxygen consumption, and heat production in certain types of fat cells, raspberry phytonutrients like rheosmin may be able to decrease risk of obesity as well as risk of fatty liver. In addition to these benefits, rheosmin can decrease activity of a fat-digesting enzyme released by our pancreas called pancreatic lipase. This decrease in enzyme activity may result in less digestion and absorption of fat. (Source: WHFoods)