Enter to win our latest Blender Giveaway!
SKINNY BLEU CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE
Whether you’re a huge fan of chicken wings or more of a Cobb salad type, bleu cheese dressing is an American classic. We’ve done a garlic blue cheese dressing in the past, and a lot of other dressings, but nothing beats these chunks of cheese when it comes to flavor! Smooth, creamy dressings usually come with a high price – lots of calories and fat! This version replaces some of the less healthy traditional ingredients with healthy alternatives like Greek yogurt and raw honey! Don’t be alarmed when this one goes just as fast as the naughty stuff. 🙂 Whip up everything quicky in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender, but you can definitely make this with a little work by hand or in a regular blender!
Make sure to join our community for delicious healthy alternatives to classic, not-so-healthy traditions, healthy blender recipes, and much much more! if you try this one, please share your rating with us below.
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon honey raw
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese divided (1/4 cup chopped or crumbled for topping)
- Place the yogurt, lemon, vinegar, salt, garlic, onion, and honey & 1/4 cup bleu cheese into your blender jar.
- For BLENDTEC*: Use the DRESSINGS/BATTERS button.
- For VITAMIX: Starting at Variable/Speed 1, ramp up to Variable/Speed 4 and run until well mixed, about 10 seconds.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, stirring in the remaining 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles and topping with freshly ground black pepper.
- Enjoy with spicy hot chicken wings or over a wedge of romaine. Can be kept in the fridge in an air-tight container for over 1 week
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
*You may have to double the recipe if using the Blendtec Wildside jar
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Greek yogurt is a great alternative to mayonnaise or sour cream, depending on the recipe. It is thoroughly strained to remove the liquid whey, lactose, and sugar, giving it its thick consistency and lower-fat profile. Greek yogurt also has plenty of protein, slightly more than a traditional yogurt; a 6-ounce serving contains almost 20 grams of protein — the amount in 2 to 3 ounces of lean meat! Dairy consuming vegetarians would be well served to incorporate more Greek yogurt into their diets, as well as meat eaters.