HERBED CHICKEN FINGERS & SPICY SUN DRIED TOMATO DIPPING SAUCE
With any big game around the corner, you are likely going to find yourself wanting some SUPER snacks to satisfy your SUPER appetite!
To use a SUPERlative, these herbed chicken fingers with spicy sun dried tomato dipping sauce will surely be the greatest snack in your starting lineup.
You are sure not to fumble these delicious gluten-free chicken fingers, and thanks to your high speed Vitamix or Blendtec blender, you can quickly prepare a spicy tomato dipping sauce that will take your taste buds to the red zone (prepare ahead of time to let the flavors meld).
Whichever team you are rooting for, we guarantee these tenders will not make it to the second half.
In fact, they’ll be lucky to make it to kickoff.
Thankfully there will be enough dip left to smear on the victory sandwiches.
Note: We DID test these fingers both baked AND sautéed in a little EVOO (pictured). They’re slightly more browned, but not any more crispy or tasty so for the healthiest version be sure to bake.
If you make these at home, let us know what you think by rating this recipe in comments section below.
- 1 cup vegenaise or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons sriracha or fresh chili paste depending on how hot you like it!
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flax-seed meal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Cooking spray or olive oil spray MUST DO, helps make crispy
- Add the dipping sauce ingredients to your blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Press the DIPS/BATTERS button.
- For Vitamix: Use Speed 4 for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C), line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish or plate, mix together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, paprika, marjoram, garlic powder, sea salt, chopped herbs, and ground black pepper.
- Add the eggs to another dish and whisk with a fork.
- Remove excess moisture off from the chicken tenderloins with paper towels and then dip them in the egg, coating thoroughly, then dredge them in the almond flour breading, pressing to adhere where needed.
- Place the chicken fingers on the parchment-lined baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place the chicken fingers in the oven and bake for 8-9 minutes. Flip the chicken fingers over, lightly oil again and bake for another 8-9 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
For better flavor and ease of time - prepare the dip ahead of time - can refrigerate for up to one week.
Feeding a crowd, cut the chicken into smaller pieces and 1.5 or double the rest of the dipping ingredients.