Try our FREE Juice Detox!
VEGETARIAN/VEGAN CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
This creamy low fat caesar dressing recipe is full of flavor and is also the perfect fit for your vegetarian diet. Use as a delicious salad dressing or tangy dip for wings or a fresh vegetable platter. This low cholesterol recipe can easily be made Vegan without sacrificing one bit of flavor! Simply substitute the egg yolk with 1/4 of a medium avocado and the parmesan with nutritional yeast. If you miss the anchovie flavor from your old recipe, try adding 1/4 tsp kelp powder. Any way you mix it, your high powered Vitamix or Blendtec blender will have your taste buds asking for more!
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 11/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk OR 1/4 medium avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese OR Nutritional Yeast
- This is a fairly simple recipe, just add the liquid ingredients first, followed by the pepper, garlic, salt and parmesan cheese.
- For Vitamix:Using the variable speed setting, start at 1 and move up to 4 over the span of 20 seconds.
- For Blendtec: Use the DRESSING/BATTER setting.
- Place in a glass container and refrigerate up to four days.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
Grape seed oil is a great source of omega-6 fatty acids, specifically linoleic acid.Omega-6 is an essential nutrient which your body doesnt produce, meaning any abundant food source is vital. Studies have shown Omega-6 may be a key component in reducing menopause and PMS symptoms, so eat up, sister! Grape seed oil is also rich in antioxidants which protect the body from signs of aging, such as vitamins E, C and beta carotene.