CHILLED MANGO & CUCUMBER SOUP RECIPE
When we think of mango and cucumber, refreshing comes to our minds…and we LOVE that this Chilled Mango & Cucumber Soup recipe can be made in a regular blender. With testing, we made it even faster when using frozen mango in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender! This soup is a great starter to a heavier meal, especially on those warmer evenings since it’s served cold… and of course can be served as a light lunch or snack too. Perfect oil free soup recipe that’s also great for a low sugar and low carb diet. If you have been looking for a tasty soup to try, this one is a MUST! For a vegan or raw soup recipe, use filtered water instead of chicken stock. As always, we recommend buying organic cucumber since the skin is the most nutritious part and it’s also part of the dirty dozen. We know you’ll love this highly nutritious and hydrating mango & cucumber soup recipe as much as we do!
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 cups chicken Stock OR filtered water for vegan or raw soup
- 2 cups mango* (usually 2 mangoes peeled and pitted
- 3 cups cucumber (usually 2 seedless cucumbers organic
- 3 tablespoons red onion OR red pepper roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Celtic salt
- Finely chop 1 mango and 1 cucumber and set aside.
- Place remaining mango and cucumber and purée with 1/4 cup water in a blender until almost smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 50 seconds (*1.5 minutes if using frozen mango)
- Add the finely chopped mango, cucumber, onion, lime juice, and 2 cups chicken stock OR water.
- For Blendtec: Press PULSE 2 times
- For Vitamix: Press PULSE 2 times OR[/b Place Variable Speed on 10/HIGH and flip the ON/OFF switch 2 times.
- Place blender jar in a larger bowl of ice and cold water* and stir until cool.
- Just before serving, stir in cilantro and 1.25 teaspoons salt.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
**Use frozen mangoes and skip the chilling step!
For a "regular blender" follow steps 1 and 2 and puree, then transfer to a bowl and add the finely chopped mango, cucumber, onion, lime juice, and 2 cups cold water.
To chill (see above) Place bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir until cool. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MANGOES AND CUCUMBERS
Mangoes can aid in digestion and heartburn. They also contain many polyphenols that have potent antioxidant and anticancer properties. Mangoes have high fiber that can help prevent constipation, diarrhea, and hemorrhoids. Mangoes also have a significant amount of beta-carotene, which may help prevent and/or treat acne, the common cold, ear infections, eczema, gingivitis and psoriasis.
Composed of 95 percent water, cucumbers keep the body hydrated and also helps the body eliminate toxins. Surprisingly cucumbers have almost all of the vitamins your body needs in a single day! The skin contains most of the nutrition, including a large amount of vitamin C – so be sure to buy or organic otherwise use a good pesticide wash.
Cucumber juice contains a hormone that is needed by your pancreas cells to produce insulin, which has been found to be beneficial to patients with diabetes. Cucumbers contain fiber, potassium, and magnesium. These work to regulate blood pressure making cucumbers a natural way to help treat both low and high blood pressure.