Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ORANGE BANANA RECOVERY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This orange banana recovery smoothie is both refreshing AND very tasty and super easy to make in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender! Perfect after an intense workout, the protein will help repair and rebuild muscles. We prefer the best tasting plant based proteins by VEGA. However, if you are just looking for a yummy smoothie recipe that will add protein to the diet, the orange and banana flavors are ideal for all members of the family, from Blender Kids to Blender Grandma! :) Keep it thick by using frozen banana, and use coconut water if you are using this as a post workout recovery smoothie.
Orange Banana Recovery Smoothie
Recipe type: Post Workout Smoothie, Protein Smoothie
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water or coconut water to blend
- 2 whole oranges, peeled and halved
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons Vega One vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Frozen banana will make this a thicker shake
Calories: 455 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: .2g Unsaturated fat: 5.3g Carbohydrates: 66g Sugar: 34g Sodium: 262mg Fiber: 20g Protein: 32.3g Cholesterol: 0
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ORANGES
When it comes to popular fruit, oranges come in near the top of the list even outdistancing their nearest competitors-tomatoes, bananas, and apples-when it comes to Vitamin C content. Indeed, some say oranges are the poster child for this vitamin. This juicy fruit contains dietary fiber, pectin, which acts as a bulk laxative and is a good source of Vitamin A, B Complex Vitamins, and contain antioxidant properties as well. Orange are also a good source of minerals such as potassium and calcium. We’re wondering why they don’t say an orange a day keeps the doctor away!