Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
ORANGE BANANA RECOVERY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This orange banana recovery smoothie is both refreshing AND very tasty and super easy to make in a good high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
Perfect after an intense workout, the protein will help repair and rebuild muscles.
We prefer to add one of the best protein powders where we trust the ingredients AND add superfoods!
However, if you are just looking for a yummy smoothie recipe that will add protein to the diet, the orange and banana flavors are ideal for all members of the family, from Blender Kids to Blender Grandma! 🙂
Keep it thick by using a frozen banana, and use coconut water if you are using this as a post-workout recovery smoothie.
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender recipes! If you try this smoothie at home, share your rating with us in comments.
Orange Banana Recovery Smoothie
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water or coconut water to blend
- 2 whole oranges peeled and halved
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed power blenders: Select VARIABLE Speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed #10HIGH. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
ORANGE HEALTH BENEFITS
When it comes to popular fruit, oranges come in near the top of the list even outdistancing their nearest competitors-tomatoes, bananas, and apples-when it comes to Vitamin C content.
Indeed, some say oranges are the poster child for this vitamin. This juicy fruit contains dietary fiber, pectin, which acts as a bulk laxative and is a good source of Vitamin A, B Complex Vitamins, and contain antioxidant properties as well.
Orange is also a good source of minerals such as potassium and calcium.
We’re wondering why they don’t say an orange a day keeps the doctor away!
2 thoughts on “Orange Banana Recovery Smoothie”
hi, i am a blending addicted. but have now moved to omitting sugars…including natural sugars. i notice that all your recipes are high in natural sugar content – is this good for the body?
Most of our green smoothie recipes do have 60% fruit and 40% vegetables, which is optimal for human consumption in both terms of flavor and assimilation. If you want to keep the sugar down, make sure to use low glycemic index fruits such as apples and berries. 🙂 Happy Blending!